I'm Glad You Asked

Most likely you didn't ask, but I'm telling you anyway.

West Ranch Wildcats 46, Sierra Vista Dons 0

In our most lopsided game yet (we scored more points against Hamilton, but the margin of victory in that game was only 40 points) your 'Cats walked all over the hapless Dons of Sierra Vista.

It was so bad ("how bad was it?") that their A.D. asked for a running clock. With over 8:00 left in the SECOND QUARTER. We were up I think 32-0 at that time.

We did have some standout play: Stephen Silver intercepted two passes (oddly enough, I had taken him aside during pregame and said, "this is a two pick night for you.") and ran one back about 80 yards for a touchdown to end the first half. John Choi and Jared Foster had the other two picks. John had a good return on his, and Jared's was in our own end zone to prevent a Don score.

We blocked at least two punts of theirs, one of which hit the UPRIGHT of their own end zone, causing a safety.

I can't be certain, but I THINK they had negative yardage on the night.

The game lasted 1 hour and thirty minutes.

Offensively, everything was working. Spencer Ortega was unstoppable (I was planning on taking him out in the second half, but I wanted him to get one last carry. I told him this was it for the game. He ran for about 60 yards and scored on the play), Gabriel Regolado was invincible, Mike Boskovitch was indominable. Our line pushed the poor Dons all over the field and didn't allow a sack when we did throw.

The most one-sided game I have been a part of in recent memory.

Next week: Vasquez!