I'm Glad You Asked

Most likely you didn't ask, but I'm telling you anyway.

I May Have Gone Too Far...

Hello, folks.

I've been a bit busy with one thing and another, but as the football season is just about to start, I thought I'd convert this into a sort of update on my team and their progress. I apologize to those of you for whom this is a change for the worse; for the rest, well, I'm glad you asked.

The Junior Varsity West Ranch Wildcats had their first scrimmage against a very tough John Burroughs High School team. The scrimmage was unscored and was in a 10-play series format, so it is difficult to gauge a winner. I believe we each scored the same number of times as the other, but Burroughs turned the ball over more frequently, including an interception on our goal line that we returned 70 yards. So, I think it's safe to say we "won" in a squeaker.

As to the title of this post, I was interviewed by the local newspaper a few days ago. The article ran on the 31st of August, but I did not read it. I generally don't like to read myself in the paper for fear I said something stupid.

The reporter had asked me all kinds of questions, and as is usual, he took only some of the material and crafted a "theme" report.

I won't tell you the theme of the article right now, but I'll give you the first two lines. That ought to make the title of this post make some sense.

"Sean O'Brien isn't here to play games.

He's here to win them."

Ouch. Anyway, if you are interested, here is the link to the entire article. I think I may have bitten off a bit more than I can chew here, but we'll see.


http://www.the-signal.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=32461&format=html

The Wildcats play their season opener against Mojave (yes, as in, Mojave desert) Friday, September 8th, 4:00 pm. Any of you who wish to come out, let me know; I'll leave some tickets at will call. :)